Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

I think it's safe to say that today was the best Valentine's Day I've ever had, without any romantic meals or anything like that. Last night, Dayne and I stayed up until midnight so that we could say Happy Valentine's Day - all the time we were waiting up, he was teasing me about the gift he got me. He was saying things like "So... when you were cleaning, you're SURE you didn't come across it? It's been in the apartment." By the way... he wasn't supposed to get me anything, since he got me a Christmas present when he wasn't supposed to.

So this morning, we got up, and he asked me to look up the time when Game's Workshop was supposed to open (since we were going there for him to pick something out for his present). When I turn on my computer, this came up:



The Word Document in the center is titled "Click Here," and this is what is says:

For the one who’s always there,
Even when I’m not.
For the one who always cares,
No matter why, or what.

For such a friend, what could I do
Or hope to see repaid
The loving care I get from you,
Of which I’ve seldom said:

Your love means more to me, my dear,
Than any wealth or fame;
For while I’m not the best, I fear,
You love me just the same.

And so, on this most loving days,
When I think oft of you,
I hope you know that, come what may,
You hold my true love, too.


Happy Valentines Day, and to many more to come.


~ Your Love and Companion ~

It's safe to say, I forgave him for teasing me last night. We just hung out around the house this morning and played some video games. Then in the afternoon, we went to Game's Workshop and he picked out a couple things he wanted for his Warhammer army. Then, we had lunch at Panera Bread (using what we had left from a gift card), after that we went home and we put on the Olympics while he built his models and I made Strawberry shortcake using some little heart shaped trays.





The recipe didn't work perfectly, since it said to drop spoonfuls onto a baking sheet - not put it into a pan, like I did. I had to cook it longer to make sure the center wasn't gooey, but then the outsides got pretty crispy. It was still good, though, and I learned a lesson. I think I prefer them with a strawberry sauce, rather than just strawberries on top. So I found a recipe for that, and I'll try it for next time I make shortcakes.

We've just been chilling around the apartment since then. I played some games on the X-Box for awhile, but now we're watching more of the Olympics while Dayne still works on his models. We were going to go out to eat for dinner, but I've been stuffed since the shortcake, so we're going to save dinner for another night.

In general it's been a wonderful day with my husband, and I couldn't be happier, even if we didn't do anything typical. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's great you had a wonderful Valentine's day! It's always a great feeling when everything works out!

    ReplyDelete