Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tonight, it was Sweet and Sour Pork Chops

I have been super excited for this recipe since we bought the pork chops for it this last weekend. It was another success, so this is another one I'll be making again - plus it's really simple. Like last time, here's the recipe for it:

Sweet and Sour Pork Chops:

1 (8 0z.) can Crushed Pineapple (undrained)
1/3 c. Finely Chopped Onion
1 c. Honey Barbecue sauce
1/4 c. Chili sauce
4 Bone-in Pork Chops (about 3/4 inch thick)

Combine all ingredients except pork chops. Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Pour 1/2 of the mixture into slow cooker. Top with pork chops and cover chops with remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4 1/2 - 5/12 hours.


We didn't buy the pork chops with the bone in, but I don't think it effected anything. Although, Dayne says that the bone is sometimes where a good deal of flavor comes from, so maybe next time we'll get the pork chops with the bone in to see if there really is any difference. For anyone doing Weight Watchers, this was 5 points per serving (figuring that each chop is one serving).

Speaking of Weight Watchers, I think I've decided to up my goal weight. Starting out, it was set at 110 - but that was back before I got married. Since then, I've decided to set a different goal for myself - which is just to be more healthy. According to the BMI (which I know is total bunk, but there isn't really anything else to go from) the heaviest I should weigh for my height is 124, so as long as I'm in the healthy weight limit, I'll be happy. So I decided to set it for 120 instead.

Anyone who's looked at my Facebook (which, chances are, is most of anyone reading this) already knows that I've also started doing a work out video called Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. With this regiment, you're supposed to do level 1 for ten days, level two for ten days, and then level 3 for 10 days. I do plan to do this, but I am also pacing myself. Technically, you're supposed to do it every day - I'm only doing it on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, just so I'm getting a good 20 minutes work out at least three days a week. Although, since the strength portion was my weakness, I have also decided to do a few strength exercises on the mornings I don't do the video. My physician has told me on my last two visits that I need to get into an exercise routine, so when I see her again in three months, hopefully she'll be happy.

During these next three months, I'll also be taking a prescription Vitamin D supplement. Last week when I went in for my check up, I had mentioned being really tired lately, so they tested my Vitamin D. Apparently, your levels should be at around 30... mine was at 17. So when I go back, they'll check it again, and hopefully it will be back to normal, and hopefully I won't be so dang tired anymore.

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. Are you ok? You seem to be seeing the doctor a whole lot, or you just getting check ups? Glad to see your getting yourself in shape, that is one thing that i am trying to do with myself right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I'm fine. :) All the check ups are just for preventive measures because of my history of ovarian cancer. My general physician is very thorough, and my gynecologist wants to see me every four months for the next few years because that's when the chance of a reoccurrance is at it's highest. I'm really comfortable with both of them, though, so it doesn't bother me any.

    ReplyDelete