Sunday, February 21, 2010

For the first time

I finally cooked a meal for Dayne and I! I had been making us meals, but it was usually just Rice A Roni or Ramen or something equally simple. But tonight I tried a recipe from my family's cook book, and I'm so glad I did! It was DELICIOUS. For anyone that wants to try it, here it is:

HONEY-BAKED CHICKEN

3 lbs. skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2/3 cup honey
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. curry powder

Place chicken pieces in ungreased 13"x9" baking dish. Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Baste occasionally until tender and brown.


I made the mistake of putting it into a round baking dish, rather than a 13"x9" but it still turned out just fine - but maybe a bit juicier and not as brown as it would have otherwise. But it still came out yummy! And there is plenty left over to send with Dayne for his lunch for a couple days.

On Wednesday I plan on trying a recipe for Sweet and Sour Pork Chops. I'm excited because I'll finally have a chance to use my slow cooker! I'm going to get that bad boy started shortly after lunch, though, because it takes roughly 5 and a half hours. I don't want another 9:00 dinner like we had tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo that sounds good! I may need to try it this week, too.

    ReplyDelete