Monday, March 26, 2012

It'll be awhile before I can watch A Bug's Life again

So the past few weeks, we've had a major ant problem in our apartment. For instance, while cleaning the kitchen, I easily killed 20 in the hour or so I spent scrubbing counters and whatnot. And they were the big carpenter ants, too. So anyway. Last Thursday, I got some ant traps and put one under one side of the microwave, and another under one side of the toaster (so there was no chance the cats could get at them). By the time Dayne got home, it. was. CRAZY! They just went back and forth from the nest to the traps, carrying the poison. We even saw the queen out! It was actually pretty cool to watch, in all honesty. In the morning, each trap had around 20 ants in it, but all the poison was gone.

It's safe to say, after the ant genocide that just took place, I won't be able to watch A Bug's Life in awhile without feeling guilty about the amount of ants I killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment