Friday, March 5, 2010

Another winner! And the left overs are so very tempting

The slow cooker has easily become one of my favorite kitchen appliances, even though I've only used it twice. Granted, I had to wake up at 5 in the morning to ensure that the pulled pork would be done before 9 pm. The great thing, though, is that I just had to put the pork in the crock pot, set it on low heat and the timer for 12 hours, and then go back to bed. And oh boy, it was WELL worth it. I'm glad it turned out, because it's one of Dayne's favorites.

It was not so good for my Weight Watchers, though... it's 11 points per serving, and it was so good I had two. I don't feel guilty anymore about using my weekly points, since they're there for a reason, but now I only have 10 of them left for the rest of the week, so I'll need to be careful. But anyway, like usual, here's the recipe:

Pulled Pork

2 1/2 lbs pork loin, trimmed of any fat
1 tsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
8 hamburger buns or hard rolls
1 14-oz bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
1 medium onion, chopped

1. Place the pork roast in the Crock-Pot slow cooker and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.

2. Remove the pork roast from the stoneware, and pull the meat into shredded pieces. Pour out any liquid in the stoneware, and combine pork with the remaining ingredients in the stoneware (We used KC Masterpiece Hickory Brown Sugar for the bbq sauce). Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.

3. Serve the barbecued pulled pork on hamburger buns or hard rolls. (We used potato buns, and it was really tasty)


The hardest part of this recipe was being in the apartment while it was cooking and smelling it all day. It smelt SO good - especially once all the rest of the ingredients were added, and that was when I was started to get hungry, too.

If anyone has any good slow cooker recipes, I'd love to get them. I don't really like red meat and I don't like cheese, but other than that I'm open to suggestions (and even recipes with either of those would be fine, too, because Dayne likes both).

Other than that, nothing is really going on other than needing to use Dayne's computer because mine isn't working currently. Oh well! Life goes on.

1 comment:

  1. I love slow cookers (I call them crock pots).

    I still think it's sad that you don't like cheese!!!

    Ok, I do have a very easy, quick (I start it at 1pm or 2pm and it's ready by dinner even if the chicken is frozen). It also should be virtually no points, but I'm not familiar with weight watchers, so I could be wrong. It is just chicken and yummy seasonings.

    You can find here:

    http://www.facebook.com/ladyshanae?v=app_2347471856#!/notes/shanae-perkins-tullis/recipes/265153605275

    There is also a recipe for Taco Soup, which can be put in the slow cooker as well. Again, no idea on points there, but it's really delicious.

    Feel free to snag and try any recipes on that page!

    ReplyDelete